How to abstract fully from database with JDBC?

From: "Alexey V(dot) Meledin" <avm(at)webclub(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to abstract fully from database with JDBC?
Date: 2000-05-06 18:57:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi!

I need to make my interface compatible with PostgreSQL 6.5.3. and
MSSQL 7.0 with possible little changes in interface source code.

So (verify me, please):
1. For simple SELECT - I use VIEWs
2. When I use function .... Hmmm... What to do in this CASE.

PL/pgsql defines function call as SELECT function(), but MSSQL defines
it like "exec procedure".
Documentation on JDBC PostgreSQL driver says, that I need to use
Postgres Specific code to call a function...

So my interface will be incompatible?

Regards, Alexey V. Meledin
InterForge Developers Group, Saint-Petersburg