Join between tables of two or more databases

From: "T(dot)J(dot) Adami" <adamitj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Join between tables of two or more databases
Date: 2007-10-31 10:47:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi people. I have 2 databases named as follows:

1) company_a

2) company_b

These two databases do not have the same ER model. However, I want to
access tables on "company_a" there are in "company_b". I want to use
them as local tables (as other databases like Sybase allows, since you
have opened a database link).

The question is: can I do this using remote database servers
(different hosts)? If does not, can I do it at least on local
databases on the same server?