Suse Linux Postgres

From: yogesh <yogesh(dot)arora(dot)daffodil(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suse Linux Postgres
Date: 2007-10-25 14:13:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Frnds,
I am using the Postgres on Linux, its the default that gets
installed with the Suse Linux.
Now when i run the psql command it ask for password....I have created
a role named "abccc"
now i want to assign it a password......how to do it in
Linux.........

before trying this I was trying to install the Pl/java but it was
giving problem that is
authentication failed for the USer "abccc" if i give the
password ........as i have created the "abccc" role without
password...........by using command

createuser abbccc.

If i remove the Password option then it ask that,,,,,,,
Postgres option is not without password(something like this not
exact).......Then i tried to alter the user to set the password for
it.......and face the following problem......

any kind of suggestion would be appreciated ...................

Best Regards,
Yogesh Arora.