postgresql-icu patch status

From: Ireneusz Pluta <ipluta(at)wp(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql-icu patch status
Date: 2007-06-20 16:36:57
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hello,

there was postgresql-icu patch for proper collation of UTF8 character
set, published here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~girgen/postgresql-icu/. I have been using
it with 8.1 and it worked fine for me. Now I am migrating to 8.2, but,
sadly, there is no patch available this version.

Does anybody know what happened to the development of this? Isn't
commiter interested, or things got now more complicated in the area
affected by this patch?

I am not a PostgreSQL developer, but having some minor C and CVS
experience I migth try to make a patch based on the last available for
8.1.4 and merging the changes into the last release, in a more or less
dummy way. But before I even try, it would be nice to hear something
from here - were there major changes in the source code affected by
the icu patch between 8.1.4 and 8.2.4, or were there any changes in
other areas that might affect the patch at all?

Thanks

Ireneusz Pluta