Synchronized Scan

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Synchronized Scan
Date: 2007-05-20 22:01:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

Here is the latest version of my patch that's revised according to my
discussions with Heikki and Simon:

Changes:
* uses LWLocks when accessing shared memory
* removes the "sync_seqscan_offset" feature
* uses the relfilenode as a key rather than relation OID
* fixes regression test failure
* uses a simple LRU (that stays in fixed-size shared memory) to track
the locations of other concurrent scans

For the LRU I used a doubly-linked list, which isn't strictly necessary.
However, we may decide to use a hash table for the lookup, in which case
the extra pointers will be useful.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size