Re: redhat debug info

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: redhat debug info
Date: 2007-03-28 03:58:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

> Red Hat makes their debuginfo RPMs available in the normal course
> of things (they're usually in a debug/ subdirectory of wherever you
> find the RPMs)

Fedora and Red Hat 5 users can download debuginfo packages via yum.
Fedora users need to use debuginfo channel (yum --enablerepo
debuginfo ...), and I think it is the same for RHEL 5.

Red Hat provides debuginfo packages via their FTP site (ftp.redhat.com).
You don't need to be a RHN subscriber to get a debuginfo package.

> but I'm not sure whether Devrim et al have a policy about whether to
> upload their debuginfo RPMs to the PG servers. They may feel it's
> mostly a waste of bandwidth.

Exactly. I don't want to upload a package which is really big.

> Anyway, the short answer is to download the source RPM and build it
> for yourself ...

Yes, agreed.

Regards,
--