Re: WITH support

From: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Hubert FONGARNAND <informatique(dot)internet(at)fiducial(dot)fr>
Cc: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Edwin Ramirez <edwin(dot)ramirez(at)mssm(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WITH support
Date: 2007-01-03 09:15:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 09:45 +0100, Hubert FONGARNAND wrote:

> Why not looking at http://gppl.moonbone.ru/ evgen potemkin. has ever
> made a patch for WITH and CONNECT BY?
>
> I'm ready to test these features... (RECURSIVE) when they'll land in
> CVS...

Hi Hubert,

IIRC there were two issues - firstly the license for the patch was GPL
as opposed to BSD used for PostgreSQL, and secondly I believe Tom and
some of the other developers were not happy with some of the internal
changes made by the patch. Fortunately it looks as if Jonah can commit
some serious time to this, so your offer of helping to test when the
code hits CVS is gratefully received :)

Kind regards,

Mark.