Re: Slow update with simple query

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild(at)freesurf(dot)fr>, Ragnar <gnari(at)hive(dot)is>, Jens Schipkowski <jens(dot)schipkowski(at)apus(dot)co(dot)at>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow update with simple query
Date: 2006-12-14 16:34:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to modify the output of EXPLAIN
ANALYZE when doing an insert/update to include the index update times
and/or non-FK constraint checking times and/or the table row update
times? Or any other numbers that might be useful in circumstances like
this. I'm wondering if it's possible to shed some light on the
remaining dark shadows of PG performance troubleshooting.

-- Mark Lewis