Re: Index corruption

From: Marc Munro <marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Index corruption
Date: 2006-06-29 15:58:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tom Lane's advice, we upgraded to Postgres 8.0.8. We also upgraded
slony to 1.1.5, due to some rpm issues. Apart from that everything is
as described below.

We were able to corrupt the index within 90 minutes of starting up our
cluster. A slony-induced vacuum was under way on the provider at the
time the subscriber failed.

What can we do to help identify the cause of this? We have a test
system that seems able to reproduce this fairly easily.

__
Marc