Re: Binary tx format for an array?

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Michael Guyver <kenevel(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Binary tx format for an array?
Date: 2006-06-21 20:32:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

The definition of Oid is in postgres_ext.h:

typedef unsigned int Oid;

All the architectures that I'm familiar with (x86, x86_64, Sparc-64) use
32-bit unsigned int data types. Also, the JDBC driver code always uses
32-bit integers for Oid types, so I think you're pretty safe using a 32-
bit integer.

There might be some weirdness at the 2GB boundary because Java doesn't
support natively unsigned integers, but if there is then it would
probably occur across the whole driver and not just in the code you want
to write.

-- Mark