Re: Python and OpenSSL don't work together

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Python and OpenSSL don't work together
Date: 2001-03-25 17:02:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Justin Clift (jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au) reports a bug with a severity of 3
> When testing which ./configure options work, I've just discovered that something in the ./configure process generates the incorrect options when with --with-python and --with-openssl are given, such that the python interface doesn't find the openssl headers when it wants them.

Looks like interface/python's GNUmakefile and Setup.in.raw need to
cooperate to pass additional -I fields to the compiler. Perhaps

-e 's%(at)INCLUDES@%$(filter -I%, $(CPPFLAGS))%g' \

in GNUmakefile and the obvious thing in Setup.in.raw. Would this allow
removing either of the explicit -I switches in Setup.in.raw?