Re: strange jdbc problem moving to 8.1 database

From: kevin(at)mtel(dot)co(dot)uk
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange jdbc problem moving to 8.1 database
Date: 2005-11-12 11:56:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

duhh,
sorry guys.

This one took me a long time to find. I changed the original table that
supplies these fields from char(10) to char varying (10) in the test
system and have made a demo area from the live system still with the
char(10) fields.
the data is actually
'ADMIN ' not
'ADMIN'
simply dump to sql, alter tabledef to varying, reload and to set field
= trim(field)

noooow it works.
thanks to Kris Jurka