Re: archive_command

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kris Kiger <kris(at)musicrebellion(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: archive_command
Date: 2005-09-30 09:13:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 12:08 -0500, Kris Kiger wrote:
> My question then is, how do we tell which wal log is X (the one
> currently being written to)?

You don't say why you need to know?

If you really care, you can look at the status files in the
archive_status directory underneath pg_xlog. This is where the archiver
checks to see for notifications of filled WAL files, then clears the
notification afterwards. Only filled WAL filenames are shown.

Don't touch the files or you might interfere with the archiver's
activities.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs