Re: Replication

From: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
To: vespadict(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication
Date: 2005-09-16 14:59:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 03:35, vespadict wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to replicate two databases in diferents servers . I'm reading
> about some projects but i'm not sure what is the best option. I found
> interesting dbmirror and pgcluster but I have doubts . Please , May you
> help me ? .

Do you need automatic failover of some kind, async or sync replication,
one way or two way, etc...

My personal favorite two tools of late have been pgpool and slony.
dbmirror, if I remember correctly, has to be installed by modifying the
internals of postgresql, and I'm not sure how up to date it is.
Pgcluster seems to be a decent choice, but I've not played with it.