DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10"

From: Scott Cain <cain(at)cshl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBD::Pg and "invalid frontend message type 10"
Date: 2005-08-24 13:10:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I am a developer of a PostgreSQL powered application that, naturally,
works fine in my hands, using verison 7.4.* (most recently, 7.4.8). I
have a user, however, that is getting this error message:

DBD::Pg::db do failed: FATAL: invalid frontend message type 10

Can someone shed some light on where to start looking for the source of
this problem? I'm guessing the message is coming from postgres, since I
can't find a string like that in DBD::Pg.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D. cain(at)cshl(dot)edu
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/) 216-392-3087