Re: Driver for Gnome/GTK Applications.....

From: David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>
To: Landon Blake <lblake(at)KSNINC(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver for Gnome/GTK Applications.....
Date: 2005-06-24 15:06:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there,
libpq is the C client library for postgresql, and it is pretty well
documented, well designed and fast. There are some database abstraction
libraries also which you can use, including libodbc, libdbi and
libgnomedb

http://www.unixodbc.org/
http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/
http://www.gnome-db.org/

I haven't used any of these, although the perl dbi interface (Which I
think the C libdbi is influenced by) is something I have used, and it is
very good.

Maybe some other people have some experience with these abstraction
libraries and can say which to avoid etc.

--
David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>