Half filled xlogs

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Half filled xlogs
Date: 2005-03-20 15:37:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I'm looking into copying partially filled xlogs with the Archiver
process, to allow a more rounded warm standby database option.

My understanding is that on win32, when an xlog file is still being
written to by a backend it will be locked and unable to be copied away
by another process.

Could somebody comment on this? I don't want to write a load of non-
portable code for Linux.

Thanks,

Best Regards, Simon Riggs