Re: Remove INT64_FORMAT in translatable strings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove INT64_FORMAT in translatable strings
Date: 2022-03-18 17:12:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Japin Li <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> we can rely on %lld/%llu and we decided to use them in translatable strings.

Seems like good cleanup, so pushed. I think though that project style
is to use "long long" or "unsigned long long", without the unnecessary
"int" --- it certainly makes little sense to do it both ways in the
same patch.

> However, I am not sure how to update the *.po files under the pg_dump/po
> directory. Any suggestions?

The translation team manages those files. We don't normally touch them
during code development.