Re: Unix domain socket

From: Ramon Danieli <ramond(at)post(dot)tau(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unix domain socket
Date: 2005-02-23 22:14:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

While having another look in the sources (08.00.0004) I have found some code
that seems to provide Unix domain sockets connection in socket.c.
This code depends on "HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS" macro and seems to allow a single hard
coded path (/tmp/...) while providing an empty "ServerName" property in the
connection string.
Can you please explain the nature of this code (it was not available in the
07.03.0200 version)?
What is required (configure, compilation flags, etc`) in order to have this
macro valid (I think that normally this code is not included)?
Why does it have a single hard coded path?
Thanks
Ramon