Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file

From: "A(dot)Burbello" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Postgres Adm List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dump database more than 1 flat file
Date: 2007-12-17 23:22:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you for your response!

I tested the split command and I got another problem
because for each file doesn't have the "COPY" header.

As well I said early, one table has more than 30G and
I need to import to another server (linux), but by dvd
media because doens't have network connection.

Whats the best way to do this.
Any suggestion?

If doesn't have another way, how can I put the
"header" in the begin of file without open?
With "cat >>" command I put in the end.

Could you help me?

Once again, thank you!

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm