Postgresql ODBC Development

From: "stewarrb" <stewarrb(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql ODBC Development
Date: 2005-01-27 22:48:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This may not be the correct place for this posting, and I apologize in
advance if it is not. I am currently developing an ODBC driver for
windows that uses XML over HTTPS to to talk with a Postgresql backend.
I have quite a bit working, but I am having problems with calls to
SQLBindParameter. The section of the trace I am having problems with
is pasted below. As you can see from the trace the SQLPrepare returns
SQL_SUCCESS, but the SQLBindParam is called 2 times by the driver
manager with different handles, finally returning SQL_INVALID_HANDLE.
Through my driver logging I can see that SQLBindParameter never
actually calls my driver, which makes sense with the invalid handle
error I am getting. Once again, I apologize if this is incorrectly
posted, but my hope is on the developers on this list has run into this
in the past and can shed some light on the situation.

Thanks for your assistance,
Bo

MSACCESS 604-6c0 ENTER SQLPrepareW
HSTMT 089D23D8
WCHAR * 0x106819A0 [ -3] "SELECT
"classid","description" FROM "revpro"."class" WHERE "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ?\ 0"
SDWORD -3

MSACCESS 604-6c0 EXIT SQLPrepareW with return code 0
(SQL_SUCCESS)
HSTMT 089D23D8
WCHAR * 0x106819A0 [ -3] "SELECT
"classid","description" FROM "revpro"."class" WHERE "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR "classid" = ? OR
"classid" = ?\ 0"
SDWORD -3

MSACCESS 604-6c0 ENTER SQLBindParameter
HSTMT 089D23D8
UWORD 1
SWORD 1 <SQL_PARAM_INPUT>
SWORD 99 <SQL_C_DEFAULT>
SWORD 4 <SQL_INTEGER>
SQLULEN 4
SWORD 0
PTR 0x10681B74
SQLLEN 0
SQLLEN * 0x10681B70

MSACCESS 604-6c0 ENTER SQLBindParameter
HSTMT 08E05A40
UWORD 1
SWORD 1 <SQL_PARAM_INPUT>
SWORD 99 <SQL_C_DEFAULT>
SWORD 4 <SQL_INTEGER>
SQLULEN 4
SWORD 0
PTR 0x10681B74
SQLLEN 0
SQLLEN * 0x10681B70

MSACCESS 604-6c0 EXIT SQLBindParameter with return code -2
(SQL_INVALID_HANDLE)