Re: relscan.h split

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: relscan.h split
Date: 2008-06-12 17:04:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I propose the following patch which moves the struct definitions to a
> separate new header relscan_internal.h.

This seems a little bizarre, seeing that there is almost nothing in
relscan.h except those structs.

Perhaps a better idea would be to put the opaque-pointer typedefs into
heapam.h and genam.h respectively, and then see where you could remove
inclusions of relscan.h.

Also, it seemed like some of those .c files had no business poking into
the scan structs anyway; particularly contrib. Did you check whether
the inclusions could be avoided?