Re: i need help

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Philip Michael D Vargas <pmdv(at)comclark(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: i need help
Date: 2004-12-14 23:24:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 05:33, Philip Michael D Vargas wrote:
> Good day to all ...
>
> I hope any one can give me an advice ... to optimize my database...
>
> im having a problem when i'm backing up my DB and also using vacuum for my
> DB...
> my CPU load goes up.... and no one can use my DB... most of the transaction
> comes from web server..
>
> I just need ur good advice ...

Consider increasing shared_buffers, but consider what your RAM is before
you do that.

You'll need to give reasonable details if you want good help. The
specific details are important in knowing what might be causing your
problem.

There is much good advice available already and the manuals are good
too...

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs