ERROR: could not access status of transaction 210

From: Scott Cain <cain(at)cshl(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: could not access status of transaction 210
Date: 2004-11-29 17:00:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

After dropping a database, recreating it and trying to add a table to
it, I am getting this message:

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "tableinfo_tableinfo_id_seq" for "serial" column "tableinfo.tableinfo_id"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "tableinfo_pkey" for table "tableinfo"
NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "tableinfo_c1" for table "tableinfo"
ERROR: could not access status of transaction 210
DETAIL: could not open file "/opt/postgres/data/pg_clog/0000": No such file or directory
ERROR: relation "tableinfo" does not exist

There is a file call 0001 in pg_clog, but not 0000. This is a
relatively new install of PostgreSQL 7.4.6 built from source on a
similarly new install of Fedora Core 3. It is entirely possible that
the database was not shut down properly a few times as I have been
working out the kinks in this system.

So, what can I do to get rid of this? I already dropped the database
(which I can do successfully) and created an empty database in its
place, but I can't add any tables to it. Also, when I do a '\dt' in
that empty database, I get a similar message:

chado=# \dt
ERROR: could not access status of transaction 45
DETAIL: could not open file "/opt/postgres/data/pg_clog/0000": No such
file or directory

Thanks much,
Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D. cain(at)cshl(dot)org