Re: NIC to NIC connection

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "Kent Anderson" <kenta(at)ezyield(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-Admin(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NIC to NIC connection
Date: 2004-10-19 17:02:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

This is more a networking issue than a PostgreSQL one. What you'll like
want to do is to set up a nic in each box and use a "rolled" cable
directly between them. Assign an IP to each machine like 10.0.0.1 and
10.0.0.2 and edit your route tables to make each machine use those IPs
respectively to talk to each other. I'm a unix guy, so explaining
exactly how to do this in windows is a mystery to me. I'm guessing
windows because of the ASP you mention. The basic theory stays the same
though.