Re: Problem with PQexecPrepared

From: David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with PQexecPrepared
Date: 2004-06-09 22:38:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 17:21, Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:44:12PM -0500, David Stanaway wrote:
>
> > The type I am passing is a char** and it is expecting const char*
const*

> Not that it would be a problem here, because the array itself is const
> and so the function could never write its own pointer into it. I
think
> it's one of those rare situations where a cast is justified.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was odd to have to cast to a
const in this case. I changed the call like such:

res = PQexecPrepared(serverp->connection,
serverp->queryps[BILLING_INSERTROUTED]->prephandle,
nparm,(const char *const*)parms,NULL,NULL,1);

If the prototype had been for const char** I would not have needed to
change anything, the API author I guess is being thorough.

--
David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>