Re: Distributions which contain postgresql

From: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributions which contain postgresql
Date: 2004-05-04 17:33:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 15:47, scott.marlowe wrote:

> I'm assuming you mean either as a default install or as an easily
> available bin or src handled by the systems package management system. If
> so, then:

[...]
> I'm certain we're missing about 100 here :-)

One of these 100 other distributions is the FreeGee application
framework for software in C++ or Python. It integrates PostgreSQL
(7.4.1) with:
- wxWidgets/wxPython ( to build platform-independent, native GUIs)
- Python (easy OO programming language for GUIs, shell scripting etc.)
- Apache/mod_python (Web services, interactive HTML, etc.)
- omniORB/omniORBpy (OO middleware improves component interaction via
network)

http://freegee.sourceforge.net/

Currently Beta.

Greetings,