just some note/comments s to the postgresql.org webpage from me:
(hope its all ontopic)
- there is no cooperate design of all pages/subdomains.
Its not viewable what belogs to postgresql the database and the contrib
stuff. There a alot of subdomains which (looks like) are all under
The problem is right now some pages are available and others not and the
mirrors are just carrying some infos.
- Postgresql is a database project (;)) so you should not have the same
information on different places like its now with
http://www.postgresql.org/lists.html and http://archives.postgresql.org/
and some developer data on ww.p.o and advocacy.p.o
The "lists" link in the menu should go directly to archives.p.o
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/ are missing the menu
like the other lists
- http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/ has another background
- http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/ the digest text is just a
copy of -admin and people would subscribe to the wrong list.
- the digest subscription is not consistent on the pages. sometime
mailto majordomo@ with text "subscribe-digest pgsql-LIST" and sometimes
mailto pgsql-LIST-request(at)postgresql(dot)org with text "subscribe-digest"
- http://advocacy.postgresql.org/ looks like a completly differnt
team/people. they have their own news which are not in sync with
http://www.postgresql.org/; the infos about the developer (and the map)
are here http://advocacy.postgresql.org/about/ and also here
- just a organisational question. Doesnt make it sense if the webpage
team and the marketing team are the same people? Because the webpage is
marketing (maybe just in my eyes)
- advocacy.postgresql.org uses links for the different languages. This
should be done automatical with content negotiation (see
- the websearch should be included direct in the menu (no extra page)
and should search on all *.postgresql.org sites.
These were just some comments and maybe you agree in some (all:))
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org
pgsql-www by date
|Next:||From: Marc G. Fournier||Date: 2003-10-07 02:10:08|
|Subject: IMPORTANT: Upcoming changes in IPs ...|
|Previous:||From: Andreas Grabmller||Date: 2003-09-29 19:37:27|
|Subject: Re: Status update|