Re: How many fields in a table are too many

From: Tony Grant <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: postgres list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How many fields in a table are too many
Date: 2003-06-27 06:00:50
Lists: pgsql-general

There is an article on normalisation at IBM developer works for all
those who need a primer on table normalisation.

I learnt this from, would you believe, "dBase Mac" by Jim Heid when I
was one of the two users in the world running that version in 1988-1989
=:-D

I recomend "Database Application Programming with Linux" Wiley. There
are some good table design chapters even for non Linux people.

Good database design helps make PostgreSQL run fast.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,