Re: pgAdmin3 snapshots

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 snapshots
Date: 2003-05-29 15:46:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I use pgAccess on Linux and I've been using pgAdminII on Windows and I just
tried out PDAdmin on a recommendation I saw in this thread (that one is actually
NOT on the techdocs site - http://www.csahome.com/fhf/index.php)

PDAdmin seems pretty nice (minus the fact that it omits references from the
table structure window- EEK!). I really like pgAdminII tho- I'm looking forward
to pgAdmin3 (or will it be pgAdminIII).

'Off to try that GNOME client now (an some other Linux clients)- I'm not really
happy with the newer version of pgAccess. I missed being able to do my own
"sort fields"- the client seems a bit unstable now.

Quoting Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>:

> Does anyone know if pgadmin3 still opens 1 connection for each database
> existing in the server?
>
> The problem I had with pgadmin2 is that I had 10 users, and about 20
> databases in my server.... when
> we were all working, my server had lots of backends running, and of course,
> hundreds of MB of swap space used,
> even if we all were using the same database. I think its ODBC's fault.
>
> Another tool I've tried is pgexplorer (http://www.pgexplorer.com/), you have
> to pay for it too, its good,
> but not as good as pgmanager.
>
> Anyway, my personal opinion is that PSQL is the best tool by far.
>
> Here you'll a list of other GUIs available:
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools
>
> On Thursday 29 May 2003 07:41, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> > Le Jeudi 29 Mai 2003 09:51, Darko Prenosil a écrit :
> > > Pgadmin3 development is in progress, and You can download it
> from
> > > CVS. Works with linux too.
> >
> > Dear Darko,
> >
> > Daily snapshots, beta quality, from pgAdmin3 can be donwloaded from
> > http://snake.pgadmin.org.
> >
> > pgAdmin3 is under heavy development, so do not expect a fully functional
> > software. Use with care and backup your data first. Untar an install in
> > /usr/local/share. No depencies needed ...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jean-Michel

> > http://archives.postgresql.org

Keith C. Perry