Re: using pgcrypt

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)cvc(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: using pgcrypt
Date: 2003-01-31 21:29:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 09:09, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I emailed the author of pgcrypt, and this list, and no reply in either
> case. If anyone has experience in using pgcrypt to encrypt/decrypt
> datafields in you selects or inserts, I would appreciate some email
> conversation.

I've spoken with the author of pgcrypto, but he tends to be very busy.
I'd complain about this except that 1) I'm not paying him to solve my
problems, and 2) He already solved so many of my problems with what he
has done so far.

> On list might be best, so that the information is stored in the
> archives. There is nothing there now.

Shoot those questions out again. I'm no expert with the stuff, but I'll
try to answer it if I can.

Robert Treat