switching databases

From: "Adler, Stephen" <adler(at)bnl(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: switching databases
Date: 2002-11-30 17:05:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a way to switch databases within psql like there is
in mysql using the 'use' command?

I have two databases, one named test, the other name data, if
I do 'psql test' I'm connected to the test database, to connect
to the data database, I have to quite psql then run the command
'psql data'. It would be nice not to have to quit out of psql.

Thanks. Steve.