test odbc

From: Thomas Schray <tschray(at)ils-co(dot)jp>
To: odbc pgsql <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: test odbc
Date: 2002-07-17 08:17:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I have two questions. I am completely new to sql, so please consider
the following with patience.

1) I have installed the ODBC component of postgreSQL via rms and would
like to know if there is any way of testing if ODC is working aside from
using the iodbc config tool (I installed gODBCConfig).?

2) I can't seem to get gODBCConfig working properly. I get the error
<Could not construct the property list (postgresql)>
when I try to configure the user or systemDSN. Does anyone know why
this is and what I can do to fix it?

I know the following:
I start the server the -i option and it works, use pgaccess to create
and manipulate databases.
The command <pgsql -d template1 -f /usr...odbc.sql> returns a bunch of
<create> responses.

I appreciate your responce.

Tom Schray