postgres & iODBC

From: Preston Lord <webmaster(at)t2(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres & iODBC
Date: 2002-07-16 09:14:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

k, here is what I am sure is just me being a neebie at Linux ODBC...

I am trying to setup postgresodbc to work with iODBC.
I have the drivers installed from the SuSE 8 Pro Dist.
If I launch iodbcadm-gtk and click to the ODBC Drivers
tab... Then Click "Add a Driver" ...

Driver File: /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so (what is version so.1 for?)
Setup File: /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
Then I have the option of Keyword/Value "Add".

I have done some google searches and have found way to many different
ways of doing this... what is the correct way?

BTW.. if I save the Drive as above and attempt to create a DSN,
iodbcadm-gtk closes/crashes without an error.

Any help is very much appreciated...
--
Preston Lord (aka Zipur)
Developer