Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

From: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date: 2019-03-02 10:49:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

This might be not the right way, but I can't think of a better way to not switch to a different method than split of lastSourceFailed processing and starting new source. Something like refactoring in first attached patch. I move RequestXLogStreaming logic from lastSourceFailed processing and add new pendingRestartSource indicator.
Second patch is mostly the same as previous version but uses new pendingRestartSource mechanism instead of lastSourceFailed.

Thanks in advance!

regards, Sergei

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001_refactor_WaitForWALToBecomeAvailable_to_graceful_restart_source.patch text/x-diff 4.8 KB
0002_restart_stream_source_on_conf_change.patch text/x-diff 6.6 KB