Re: BUG #5238: frequent signal 11 segfaults

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nagy Daniel <nagy(dot)daniel(at)telekom(dot)hu>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5238: frequent signal 11 segfaults
Date: 2009-12-14 17:25:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Nagy Daniel <nagy(dot)daniel(at)telekom(dot)hu> writes:
> I have pg segfaults on two boxes, a DL160G6 and a DL380g5.
> I've just checked their memory with memtest86+ v2.11
> No errors were detected.
> We also monitor the boxes via IPMI, and there are no signs
> of HW failures.

Hm. Well, now that 8.4.2 is out, the first thing you ought to do is
update and see if this happens to be resolved by any of the recent
fixes. (I'm not too optimistic about that, because it doesn't look
exactly like any of the known symptoms, but an update is certainly
worth your time in any case.)

If you still see it after that, please try to extract a reproducible
test case.