Re: Mac OS X make check errors...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Mac OS X make check errors...
Date: 2004-10-19 00:36:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I just tried the newest beta (3) and for the first
> time I am getting multiple errors in 'make check'.

> this is my configure line...
> ./configure --with-rendezvous --enable-thread-safety
> --disable-shared
> 7 of 96 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

--disable-shared means you do not get any of the backend extensions that
come as shared libraries; this includes plpgsql (and the other PL
languages if you had tried to build 'em) as well as character set
conversions. I think the tests that failed are exactly the ones that
depend on plpgsql or conversions.

I notice that pg_regress.sh has a kluge to cause it to ignore the
failure of the plpgsql regression test when --disable-shared is true,
but this seems a totally lost cause with so many other tests now making
use of that language. I propose taking out that special case.

Peter, I think you were the one who put in the special case to begin
with; do you have any better ideas?