Re: Hosting

From: "Derrick Betts" <derrick(at)grifflink(dot)com>
To: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hosting
Date: 2005-07-25 05:18:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

I actually use pgAdmin to access my DB. I've never used cPanel for that.
Occasionally, I will implement a MySQL database while testing a piece of
software though php, and I use cPanel for that. If I like the software, I
usually re-write the php code to access my postgres DB, and drop the mySQL
DB in cPanel.

I would highly recommend using something like pgAdmin for administering your
DB though. I much prefer using that than a web interface. If you can get
access from your machine through pgAdmin, then I would suggest this route.
A2Hosting can help you set up a secure channel to use when connecting from
pgAdmin to your database on their system. (That's what they did for me,
however, I'm the only admin.)

Derrick