Re: Superuser log-in through a web interface?

From: Ken Tozier <kentozier(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Superuser log-in through a web interface?
Date: 2004-10-31 10:24:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Oct 31, 2004, at 1:29 AM, Kevin Barnard wrote:

> You have a conceptual error. When connecting you are connecting "to a
> database". With out the database you are not connecting to anything
> hence the failure.

That explains it, thanks.

Another pesky problem I've run into is that I can enter literally
anything into the user name and password fields of my php form and it
still logs in. What's up with that? Is there some way find out the user
for a given connection?

I tried to use pg_user and pg_shadow but neither of them registered as
valid functions in the PHP code.