plpython3

From: James Pye <lists(at)jwp(dot)name>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpython3
Date: 2009-11-20 00:41:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's my latest patch. I'm going to submit to the open commitfest. (hrm, it's 189K compressed, should I just let people use git in the future?)

Known issues:

- Documentation has gaps.
- Code formatting/ws is not consistent with PG's.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Excepting trusted and DB-API, this patch fulfills all of the current PL/Python TODOs for Python 3, and adds *many* new features(See the documentation, and the WIP wiki page).

plpython3 is intentionally incompatible with plpython as Python 3 is intentionally incompatible with Python 2. Be sure to see the recent discussion in the other Python 3 thread[1]. =)

New Docs:
http://python.projects.postgresql.org/pldocs/plpython3.html

Overview:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WIP:plpython3

git(plpython3 branch):
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=plpython3.git;a=summary

Past threads on the subject:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-05/msg01376.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01519.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-08/msg01505.php

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-11/msg00547.php

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpython3-1.diff.gz application/x-gzip 189.5 KB