Re: Adding the optional clause 'AS' in CREATE TRIGGER

From: "Okano, Naoki" <okano(dot)naoki(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding the optional clause 'AS' in CREATE TRIGGER
Date: 2017-03-27 09:28:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Surafel,
Thank you for your review!
But I have not finish fixing a patch yet.

> v Use <optional> tage in documentation
ok.

> v Don’t modified existing test case add new one instead
These existing tests I modified are the results of commands "SELECT
pg_get_triggerdef(oid, true) ... ".
I modified them in order to match with pg_get_functiondef().
The keyword 'OR REPLACE' is always added in CREATE FUNCTION.
Does not it make sense?

> v Comment in pg_constraint.c is extended make it short
> v Error message can be more guider if it tells about general rule
ok.

> v Wrong result in concurrency case
Thank you for the detailed example case. I appreciate it.
The issue does not seem to be resolved easily because I have to
modify pg_get_constraintdef_worker() in ruleutils.c.
And it takes some more time to modify pg_get_constraintdef_worker().

So, I am moving this patch to "Returned with Feedback".

Regards,
Okano Naoki
Fujitsu