RE: Changing the setting of wal_sender_timeout per standby

From: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Michael Paquier' <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: 'Masahiko Sawada' <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Changing the setting of wal_sender_timeout per standby
Date: 2018-09-19 06:21:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Michael Paquier [mailto:michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz]
> Parameters classified as PGC_BACKEND can be updated by any users, and those
> marked as PGC_SU_BACKEND can only be updated by superusers.
> Replication users are not superusers, which is why PGC_BACKEND is most
> adapted. Your description should just say "This parameter cannot be
> changed after session start.

How embarrassing... I'm sorry to cause you trouble to point out a silly mistake like this (I thought I would write as you suggested, but it seems that I was not who I usually am.) The revised patch attached.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

Attachment Content-Type Size
walsender_timeout_PGC_BACKEND_v3.patch application/octet-stream 1.7 KB