Re: Retiring support for pre-7.3 FK constraint triggers

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Retiring support for pre-7.3 FK constraint triggers
Date: 2020-03-05 20:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 5 Mar 2020, at 19:36, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> On 2020-Mar-05, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> As long as we're thinking of zapping code that is long past its sell-by
>> date, I propose getting rid of this stanza in indexcmds.c, which
>> basically causes CREATE INDEX to ignore certain opclass specifications:
>
> I agree, this should be fine to remove.

The attached patchset removes this stanza as well.

When poking around here I realized that defGetStringList was also left unused.
It was added with the logical decoding code but the single callsite has since
been removed. As it's published in a header we might not want to remove it,
but I figured I'd bring it up as were talking about removing code.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Remove-handling-of-removed-_ops-classes.patch application/octet-stream 1.8 KB
0001-Remove-support-for-pre-7.3-constraint-trigger-conver.patch application/octet-stream 10.6 KB