Another question on indexes (drop and recreate)

From: Yves Vindevogel <yves(dot)vindevogel(at)implements(dot)be>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another question on indexes (drop and recreate)
Date: 2005-06-21 15:17:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I have another question regarding indexes.

I have a table with a lot of indexes on it. Those are needed to
perform my searches.
Once a day, a bunch of records is inserted in my table.

Say, my table has 1.000.000 records and I add 10.000 records (1% new)
What would be faster.

1) Dropping my indexes and recreating them after the inserts
2) Just inserting it and have PG manage the indexes

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel