JDBC and java.sql.Timestamp

From: "Bryan Field-Elliot" <bryan(at)netmeme(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC and java.sql.Timestamp
Date: 2000-08-25 18:25:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-patches

Using the latest stable postgres and JDBC drivers, I am having a problem
which I have seen mentioned here previously; namely, that after inserting a
row with a Timestamp column, and while attempting to retrieve it again (via
JDBC), I get exceptions; I believe this is due to a bug in the format string
in the jdbc client.

Some have mentioned that a fix is available in CVS, but (believe or not) I
am newbie enough to have not yet used CVS or know how to retrieve patches
via it.

Is there a released (downloadable, even RPM-downloadable) version of the
JDBC driver with the Timestamp issue fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan