pgpool and ABORT

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: PgSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgpool and ABORT
Date: 2005-03-20 23:35:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm using pgpool in a fairly high-traffic environment, and I regularly
get this warning from pgpool calling ABORT:

WARNING: there is no transaction in progress

I found this post in the archives:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-04/msg01154.php

But the README for pgpool asserts:

Note that "ABORT" will not be issued if the backend is 7.4 or later
and the session is not in a transaction block.

I'm just curious why I'm still seeing the ABORTs if these sessions are
not in a transaction block.

I'm running postgres 7.4.6 and pgpool 2.5.1.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect