Re: Trouble returning a text field from an SRF

From: "Rob Tester" <robtester(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Alvaro Herrera'" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble returning a text field from an SRF
Date: 2007-05-14 21:23:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hmm..

wktStr was the original variable name from the code, I changed it to be more
'readable' for the question I was presenting (probably not a good idea in
hindsight). The length calculation has been changed as well and what I
presented would be a few bytes short.

I have tried this using pgadmin3 (v1.6.1) and npgsql with the same results,
no data returned in the text field when the data goes over 65535 chars.
Maybe both clients are incorrectly setting a limit on a text field?

Rob.