Double-quoted strings

From: Nick Kennedy <nick(dot)kennedy(at)nailsea(dot)net>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Double-quoted strings
Date: 2001-08-21 14:12:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'd like to try using a BDE-based application with PostgreSQL instead of the
database it currently runs against. The main problem I've come up against is
that the application uses double-quotes for literal strings. I cannot modify
the application, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to add a
datasource option for the ODBC driver that simply converts double-quotes to
single quotes. Obviously this would prevent double-quoted relations from
working for that datasource, but for my purposes this would not be a
problem.

Nick

Any views expressed in this message are the sender's own, and do not
represent the views of Nailsea Family Practice or Woodspring Healthcare
Limited except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of one or both of those organisations. This e-mail should only be
read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim
all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for
the consequences of any person other than the intended recipients acting,
or refraining from acting, on such information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and we simply request that
you delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.