Re: pgAdmin problems

From: "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin problems
Date: 2000-11-28 13:57:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Almost there.

The inserts below worked like a charm.

I have one more problem and I know it is my lack of experience with
Postgresql. I have scanned the doucumentaion and can not figure this one
out. I have attached one more log file entry with the username and password
altered to protect the innocent (me). I got this error when trying to
execute system/users from the menu. When I created the user in question, I
gave it permission to create tables and new users. I then did an alter user
to assign a password.

Is there anything else I need to do to the user configuration to make it
work????

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

> > I have sucessfully installed postgres on a Linux machine. I can us
> > phpPgAdmin running under Apache on the linux machine to manipulate the
> > database. I have created a DSN on a Win2K box and can link
> > through it to
> > the database on the linux box.
> >
> > I then start up PgAdmin to connect through the same DSN and get the
> > following error in the log file:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> This error is caused by records being missing from the pgadmin_param
system
> table. It should self-repair itself, however in some circumstances it may
> not. To fix it manually (assuming you don't use revision tracking - if so,
> please let me know your current version number) execute the following SQL
> queries in an SQL dialogue:
>
> DELETE FROM pgadmin_param
> INSERT INTO pgadmin_param VALUES ('1', '1', 'SSO Version')
> INSERT INTO pgadmin_param VALUES(2, 'N', 'Revision Tracking enabled?')
> INSERT INTO pgadmin_param VALUES(3, '1.0', 'Revision Tracking version')
>
> This bug has been fixed in the current development code.
>
> Regards,
> Dave.

* Error - 11/28/2000 1:35:23 PM

Software
********
Program: pgAdmin
Version: 7.0.3
Sub or Function: frmUsers, cmdRefresh_click

Error Details
*************
Error No: -2147467259
Error Description: Error while executing the query;
ERROR: pg_shadow: Permission denied.
Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
DLL Error Code: 0

Memory Details
**************
Total Physical: 267948032
Total Swap: 647651328
Total Virtual: 2147352576
Available Physical: 76840960
Available Swap: 447901696
Available Virtual: 2069299200
Percentage Free: 71

System Details
**************
Processor: 586
OEM ID: 0
No. Processors: 2
Page Size: 4096

OS Details
**********
Platform: Windows NT
Version: 5.0
Build: 2195
OS Info: Service Pack 1

Environment Details
Datasource: remote
Tracking: False
TrackVer: 0
Connect: Provider=MSDASQL.1;Extended
Properties="DSN=remote;DATABASE=mydb;SERVER=widget;PORT=5432;UID=theuser;PWD
=thepassword;READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=1;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=1;ROWVERSI
ONING=0;SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=1;CONNSETTINGS="
Version: 2.5