Copy Schema

From: "Derrick Betts" <derrick(at)blueaxis(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Copy Schema
Date: 2006-07-28 05:09:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there a way to create a "template" schema, similar to modifying the template1 to use for new database creation?

I'm trying to get consistent tables and all other metadata set in one schema and then use that schema as a template for creating other schemas in the same database as needed.

I read that there is a way to restore a schema with pg_restore command. Is the best or only way to accomplish this?

Thank you,
Derrick Betts